Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Last day in Paris

One of my favorite movies, Pretty Woman, contains one of what I consider the scariest things that could happen to me in a lifetime-going to a designer store and being treated like Vivian when she was without her Rodeo passport, Edward-ABSOLUTELY HEART WRENCHING.  I feel a tear coming just thinking about that scene, "nothing here is your size..."

As a result, I do not browse high-end stores, I only enter with the intent of purchasing and do all my "fashion browsing" online.   Since I was in no position to purchase anything during this trip, I did the next best thing.  After our last supper in Paris, I bribed my hubby with things I cannot divulge on this PG page to accompany me window shopping.  This worked perfectly in Paris because the window displays of all the high end stores were to die for.  I included my favorite, Hermes, with pics below of what I wore.  Hope you enjoy


For our last supper, I wore a Zara dress, vintage earrings and Max Mara boots.  The tailoring on this dress is exquisite, it allows one to eat and also helps in making your stomach look flat (Yes, ladies, Christmas arrived early in the form of Paris' Zara).


Hermes window display, I could live in this store.  It sure beats the hell out of some of the Parisian hotels...

I braced the freezing weather so you can have a better look at the dress.  I know my eyes look like I am pretending to be sober and about to walk the dreaded line, but oh well...
I am standing in front of la Madeleine, a Greek temple located up the Rue Royale from the Place de la Concorde


Day time view standing on the steps of La madeleine

Another Hermes display; I have yet to do my research on this lovely bag but I am sure it is definitely worth a car note

No comments:

Post a Comment