The prevalence of such stories among my single friends led me on a search to understand why some men are in desperate need of a How to guide on being dateable or at the very least, a boxed DVD set of Gone with the Wind.
2. Hair gel--contrary to what the cast of Jersey shore might think, porcupine hair does not get you laid by a diseased free woman
3. Manscaping of eyebrows--only caveat being if you have a uni-brow
4. Spanx for men--I am not making this up, I saw an infomercial for this one morning
5. Men who smell like flowers--there needs to be a distinction between your cologne and my perfume. Smell can act as an aphrodisiac; do not ruin it by smelling like my best friend.
6. A miniature anything--your dog should be able to bark without it sounding like a hyena
8. Tanning as an activity--a man should only get a tan the manly man way, i.e. gardening, construction, sex in the sun, sports; really, try anything that involves sweat and not just a beach towel.
9. Highlights--so now not only have you traded in your barber for a hair stylist that conditions and massages your scalp, you seem to have traded your balls in for blond tips.
10. And drum roll please… my biggest all time pet peeve, men who cry gold diggers-Let us just get this out of the way, if your income does not place you in the 35% or above tax bracket, your gold is buried way too deep for a logical woman to spend their energy digging. She is not after your “gold” if she expects you to pay for dinner and drinks on your first date and does not consider Chili’s an adequate location to wine and dine her.
So to all the single women out there... here's to hoping.
PS: Leaving home to go see True Grit, shall let you know if it will indeed be the star to our saviour's arrival